Tuesday, December 11, 2007

How to waste a weekend - Ending

I'm going to try to wrap up this story.(Read part 2 here) I'm pretty much over the whole thing for now, and I have a ton of new updates on the crapshack.

So anyway... with the heat out - Mr S. and I left a message for an HVAC tech we had given work to at our old house. Then spent a pretty sleepless night on the living room floor. We had a full room heater going, the oven - and we were waking up every couple of hours to put logs on the fire. Which pretty much sucked.

We also decided that auditioning for Man vs. Wild was pretty much out of any future fantasies. I know I'd pushed my Bear Grylls skills to the limit.

Next morning, Mr S and I were still trying to figure out what to do. Because we didn't know if our tech even worked on weekends. We were just hoping that since we'd worked with him before he might take pitty on us. He called around 9:30. He said he'd be out in an hour and a half at the latest. He was out three hours later.

He finally got the heat on around 3:00, because he didn't have the part we needed on his truck.

We then had to immediately start getting the fireplace cooled down. We were suppose to be at a party at 5:00. But since we had been burning wood for 15 hours it took quite a bit of effort to get it to a stage I felt comfortable leaving the house. I think we were two hours late.

At any rate.. there is almost nothing I love more than heat, and I'm happy that whole thing is over.

2 comments:

  1. So is the tub of Vaseline included in his weekend service? Or do you have to provide your own?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Lube would provide far too much comfort, and that would be totally unacceptable.

    Dry as a martini for those guys.

    ReplyDelete