Friday, February 25, 2022

Zero percent chance they hike rates.



Even without the geopolitical situation.

It's true that there isn't a lot of inventory - but that is changing. Interestingly 3 houses on my block popped up in the past month. One sold in 6 days about a month ago. Another is right across the street from me, so I got to see how strong the market was. Both were time capsule houses. Both going AS-IS. One was 500 square feet bigger, but all else - nice neighborhood. Solid house that just needs updating. The house right across the street just passed 6 days and interest fell off right after the first weekend. It ~is~ overpriced, but you could get away with that a month ago.

My neighborhood has given me a strange insight into the housing market. Most of the people in a few block area of me are original owners. I'm used to neighborhoods turning over every few years. But these people bought in the 70's and most of these houses became forever homes. You basically have to die out. I only understand this phenomenon because of Mr S's mom. She has a time capsule house too bought in the 70's.

The third house is just coming on the market - so we will see how that ones goes. This one has at least been updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment