Thursday, February 03, 2022

The metaverse is a total sausage fest.

I've resisted talking about this because the metaverse is completely overblown. But, when I read this story over on Australian News, I was like .... yeah... I can kinda believe that. The reason? 

Shorty BEFORE the whole metaverse thing went popular(?) someone on twitter was inviting people into his event. So I went. I forget what he was hyping at this point( I think art), but when I arrived it was nothing but dudes. I even turned to Mr S. and was like - look at this! It's nothing but a sausage fest. Which doesn't bother ~me~. I worked in tech before there were ANY women.  But, for it to stand out that like that to me - says something. I am vastly more comfortable around men than women. I just don't have a lot in common with most women.

When I get time I will blog about the Augmented Reality conference that I attended virtually this year, and it was complete trash. Everyone asked for a refund. I even got screen shots. I didn't get mine so I feel like I can drag them on line. I was not putting VR headsets on my face this year. And it seems like a natural year to attend virtually. It should have been their year to shine if it wasn't bullshit.

I've spent quite a bit of time in VR over the pandemic and you can apparently acclimate to the motion sickness. It takes a little while... but when I first started I got very motion sick. Now.. not as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment