Tuesday, March 13, 2018

This is sort of curious.

"Google and LG are set to present an 18-megapixel 4.3-inch OLED headset display with 1443 ppi and a higher refresh rate of 120Hz during the Display Week 2018 trade show in late May. The display will have a wide field of view and high acuity. The advanced program for the expo was spotted by Android Police via OLED-Info." Source.

I've been to this conference a ton of times. Google has never been there before. Or any other conference I've ever attended because they are Google. Just like you never see Apple show up at any conference except an Apple conference. It just doesn't happen. Now I've been to Google conferences - but they are Google only events. Like when they were releasing "Glass" I went to one of those. So it's kinda interesting to see them do this.  And sort of strange. Google is so big - they don't need ANYBODY.

And yes I will be there again this year, so it will be interesting to see this. Maybe I'm wrong on VR. I still don't think people like to wear glasses. And it's going to need a really interesting product for people to want to put up with them.

But hey - maybe higher resolution displays are finally coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment