Sunday, March 11, 2018

It's all I got.



When I stop writing, it's really hard for me to start back up. It's just hard to find the words. I've sort of been in a funk. A technology drought. But I'm trying to get a couple of projects done anyway.

I'm not one of those people that likes "the process" of woodworking. Wood has it own rules and you just can't rush it. Which is not really my style. I was telling Mr S. - I don't know why guys leave their wives to do woodworking. It seems like wood is bitchier than wives. Mr S. turns to me and with out a beat says - wood is more patient. I should have said - yes, but wood is less forgiving.

We are basically building a cheap bbq stand that tries to not look like a cheap bbq stand. You can't believe what people try to charge you for even the cheapest stand. Some of them can be like a grand! It's ridiculous.

But now I'm in some Festool cult just because I wanted to cut a circle in melamine. If you know anything about Festool, I'm sure you will know what I mean. I think Scientology would be less expensive.



Cutting a test hole in 3/4 inch melermine.





Now the real hole.





I'm about half done. But at least you get an update....

2 comments:

  1. It looks nice, can't wait to see the finished piece.

    I have an ALMOST finished woodworking piece thats a year old. It was supposed to be my winter project last year, and then life decided I needed an extremely frustrating 2017 and the last bit never got done. I need to find time to regain my momentum and finish it.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. That happens to me too. We've been working on a mantle for about two years. It's mostly because we can't quite decide the design. Plus other stuff tries to take priority. And it's something that will probably live with the house for a long time. You don't want people to walk in and be like - welcome to my mantle! So we've been trying out pieces. Then we get a little further. I'm starting to get close to nail down phase though.

    ReplyDelete