Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Traders turn into real estate agents......

Because as always - it's never been a better time to buy.

I am a little freaked out because preliminarily it sounds like what I posted about yesterday was closer to the surface than even I realized.

"Investors are blaming an unprecedented lack of liquidity for Wednesday's gut-wrenching stock market open, which saw the S&P 500 fall as much as 2.2 percent from Tuesday's close, sent the VIX screaming to 28 and led to outsized moves in major stocks like Disney. ". Here.

Every morning I check interest rates now. This morning you could find a rate at 3.75%. The previous low was August 4th at 3.87%. Here. After market close - I can find one at 3.673%. That is flirting really close to the March 2013 time frame. I am not sure exactly how close to March,. I only know I refi'd my rental in March of 2013 at 3.50%. But I started that process in November of 2012.

Who knows what happens next. I mean, I'm guessing refi's will pick up. Psychologically though, it makes people think there is no rush in interest rates going up. That might affect purchases.

Everything is just a guess at this point though.

No comments:

Post a Comment