Wednesday, October 01, 2014

No wonder people can't figure out what's going on.

Look at how two different news sources cover the same topic.

U.S. auto sales decline from fastest pace in 8-plus years .

"WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- The annualized sales pace of light vehicles declined to a seasonally adjusted 16.43 million last month, pulling back from August's 17.53 million, which was the fastest rate since January 2006, Autodata reported Wednesday. Economists polled by MarketWatch had forecast a pace of 16.5 million for September. Last month's drop was driven by an 8% decrease for cars, and a 5% decline for trucks."

When I read this I let out an audible yeep.

Yet if I go over to BusinessInsider, it's really not all that bad. Look!

US Auto Sales Slow In September.

"September US auto sales came in just below expectations.

According to Autodata, auto sales in September came in at an annual rate of 16.43 million units, below expectations for 16.5 million. "


See... that's barely bad at all!

Now... maybe it's just a typo - but BusinessInsider (wait, let me gather my thoughts so I don't get sued). Forget it. Anything I say about them will probably get me sued. I mean, 16.5 million is close to 17.53%. Kinda.

No comments:

Post a Comment