Friday, October 03, 2014

In other troubling ISIS news.

Time tends to run together these days with the news cycle. I think it was a few weeks this group openly stated they were trying to gain anti aircraft weapons.

This morning I started seeing tweets out of Syria that they'd downed an Iraqi attack helicopter. Sacbee has the article. Although I'm not sure if you will be able to read it without subscribing to them. I don't. I read around their little sign in pop up window.

Even more troubling is the tweet that came later in the day out of Nigeria.

"Lagos, Nigeria:  A new Boko Haram video shows the beheading of a man identified as the pilot of a missing Nigerian Air Force jet and burnt out parts of a plane - the first indication that Nigeria's homegrown Islamic extremist group has the capability to bring down aircraft." Read.

It's one thing to bring down a heli, (they fly lower) but the second report seems to indicate they brought down an Air Force jet.

No comments:

Post a Comment