Monday, February 24, 2014

It's a small, small, small, small world.

This is why you don't burn bridges people. No matter how hard you want to - don't. The world is much smaller than you think. You never know when an ex friend of that bridge is going to pop out of the woodwork and grind your rumor mill to shit and tell people all your dirty little secrets.

For the longest time my neighbors gardener has been trying to get my place. For years. I kept telling him I had a rental I was trying to get the guy out of, and when I did I'd have him do that yard. My neighbors gardener is so reliable you can set time by this guy.

So... today I hit him up to take care of my rental. When the guy he works with saw the address of the rental he said - "how long has Pete been living there". Which made me freeze in shocked silence. Finally I was like "how do you know who lives in my rental"?

It turns out my new gardener knows my ex renter. Apparently my renter assaulted the guy even. That is how well they know each other. Apparently - this guy lives right around the corner from my crapshack. My first question was "is he crazy"?

I mean, I'd known that guy forever! I can't believe my bullshit meter was that broken. I admit, I definitely had a blind spot. And knew he had a particular problem with women, but my gardener is telling me he is a wife beater. Now, I don't know if that is true, but you don't want those types of rumors circulating if they aren't. It sounded like it might have been a mutual thing - but still. He's apparently a roider. Which I knew, but he never stepped out of line with me.

Trippiest thing ever. It's so random how you run into people and unlock the door of information.

No comments:

Post a Comment