Monday, February 19, 2007

Why use your Legs like a sucker?

While walking around the city after the orchid show we stumbled upon a Segway tour.

I always find these amusing for the technology, but I guess I think people should just use their damn legs to get around. I don't consider myself to be in great shape at all, but one gal became super winded just making it up the stairs to the top of Ft. Mason. She had to stop halfway up. People - keep your heart moving! Being exhausted is good for you.



You can see just how many people were out on Saturday. Although, half of those people don't look before walking out in front of cars. So by the time we left I was pretty happy to be out of the city.

2 comments:

  1. That is so strange looking. To me, it just screams, "I'm lazy!"

    But, then again, I am lazy, so I'd probably do it if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I have this irrational fear that if I start using these things I'm just going to become glued to a lazy boy rocker.

    It always scares the crap out of me when I see those people on scooters, because I know they have a problem with being able to walk - but the scooters have made it so any ability they had to walk is just gone.

    ReplyDelete