Tuesday, January 26, 2021

I don't even know what to talk about anymore.

"About 18% renters in America, or around 10 million people, were behind in their rent payments as of the beginning of the month.

It is far more than the approximately 7 million homeowners who lost their properties to foreclosure during the subprime mortgage crisis and the ensuing Great Recession. And that happened over a five-year period.
" Source.

Isn't another way to say this is "About 18% landlords in America, or around 10 million people, were behind in their rent payments as of the beginning of the month. "

I know the ratio isn't 1-1 as some people own their rentals, and some landlords have many renters. But this doesn't even account for Airbnb's. I think people don't truly appreciate how dangerous this market is.

So I've been trying to daydream it away. 

2 comments:

  1. I wonder how much owed money are they talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know yet. I'm sure they could make it up in gamestock.

    ReplyDelete