Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Today I talk holograms.



About five years ago I was at an augmented reality conference. In the middle of a break a guy pulled out these sheets that basically looked like x-ray film. Since it wasn't part of the conf - I didn't want to be too nosey, but I found it really fascinating because when he shone the light on these images amazing cities sprung up out of nothing. I'd never seen anything like it. I thought they might give a demo later in the conf, but they ever did, and I never found out who the company was. I often hoped someone would run across the video I posted at the time and tell me who they were. Here. Even years later I always hoped I would run into them at some conference I attended. It was that special.

When I ran across this booth today I furiously looked for my video and loaded it up on my phone. I basically walked up to the guy with youtube in hand and said "is this you". And it was. I was so delighted inside. You never know if these people survived or not. Which would have been shame.

My videos don't do it justice at all. You must, yes I said must - go view these videos from Zebra Imaging. Or just type Zebra Imaging into youtube. You will be glad you did.





No comments:

Post a Comment