Friday, April 29, 2011

I have "issues".

1. Last night Mr S. says to me - hey, do you remember that guy that broke up with me over the Iraq war?

Me - That guy who told you to fuck off? Hell yeah I remember that guy.

Mr S. - Well I got a linkedin request from him. And, he didn't tell me to fuck off.

Me - What did he say then?

Mr S. - Well, he said to never email him again.

Me - That is just as good as telling you to fuck off. Wow, he has a lot of balls clicking that button to be linked up to you. I take a request like that quite literally.

Mr S. - Well, it was like seven years ago.

Me - Yeah, but he didn't say - don't mail me for seven years. He said don't ever email me again. Now he is scrounging around your contacts? I would have told that guy to eff off.

But I can tell Mr S. doesn't want to do that because they were buddies for a really long time. I have super tardly people I know. So I can understand his resistance. Still, would you add them, or tell them to fuck off?

2. Why is it so hard for people to step out of the way for a second to let faster traffic pass?

I am in the supermarket today picking up salad for lunch. Don't laugh. Those super Safeway's are pretty awesome. At any rate, he was taking up the whole exit, so I squeezed my body sideways to fit though a tiny sliver on the side of him. I wasn't even my normal supermarket surly self. If you want to see me rage out, send me to a supermarket. I hate everything about them. The way women shop. Bleh. I could go on, but it's getting me off track.

As I get past him I hear his wife say something like - honey look out. His reply? Well they can just slow down. Not - sorry I'm in your way.

If it was just this one guy I'd brush it off, but it seems like everyone feels like they are the speed police these days. No one can go any faster than what they are doing. And I just want to punch them all in the neck.

3. Do people not say thank you for holding the door open for them now? Especially men! Women do it too, but men are horrible about this.

Is it just they felt unappreciated all those decades holding doors open for women and not getting a kind word, that they've started to rebel? If so - Eff them! Especially when you go out of your way to hold a door open for someone and they just walk through without even a word.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, but just go and NOT hold the door open, and you'll get an earful for that, too.

    ReplyDelete