Monday, January 29, 2018

No one told these guys about the mallpocolypse.



Westfield is right across the street from Santana Row where I go see all those high end cars. Santana Row is why I didn't think the mallpocolypse was going to be a problem at all because that mall is the new gold standard for mixed use living. It's wildly popular. There is a good mix of food and shops. And they have events there all the time like the cars.

But Westfield is still an old timey box mall, but I guess they feel confident enough to have two cranes over their site. And they are adding new square footage.

I think we just don't like old timey box malls anymore. Since the strip mall, our tastes for malls have changed. One of these days I'm going to have to cross the street to see what they are putting in over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment