Saturday, March 21, 2015

Thank you policeman obvious.

Today, the world somehow thought I didn't have enough excitement because I lost a tire on the San Mateo bridge. Bridges are the most frightening places to have to change a tire. There is almost no place to pull over. I was watching traffic while Mr S. was jacking the truck up. All the while I'm hoping a cop will pull up and turn his lights on so we had some cover.

A bike cop finally did arrive only to tell me my tire is super flat. He also tells me I'm in a super dangerous spot. I should keep my eyes peeled towards the traffic while Mr S. works on the tire. Then he takes off.  Seriously! I'm sure in his head he said - see ya, wouldn't want to be ya.

My tire only had 6000 miles on it. I didn't even know a tire that new could fail. I thought the rubber was so thick they are almost impervious. But, learned something new today. A new tire can run over something sharp enough to pop the shit out of it. I'm also several hundred dollars poorer because I clearly punctured it and it's not under warranty. That is always a good day. Said in the most sarcastic way.

No comments:

Post a Comment