Sunday, March 15, 2015

She ran calling wildflowers. Stage 2.



Most of the yellow flowers have faded, only to be replaced by a carpet of pink. This is what we initially went out to photograph today. Iffy photos's at the end. But, two things happened.

We've been in overcast skies for a few days now. It won't rain on us, but will throw up tons of clouds. So, the pink flowers had to wait because the lighting was crap. Which was good because we got distracted on these purple wildflowers.

From the freeway we couldn't tell what they were. They just looked like a giant black hole. But when we got up to this development we were delighted to find small patches of these wildflowers. I'm in a foot race with a drought right now - so I just have to warn you I'm going to wring the most amount of joy out of this I can. Before long the hills will turn the familiar brown that I've grown to not love. Maybe I'll post these wildflowers every single day until I'm done or they are done! I don't know. But for right now it makes me happy because I'm not sure how we are going to make it through this year. I'm pretty sure all this crazy wildflower action is a warning us we are all going to die. And I'm not even joking. By the end of last year - it was pretty rough.

I don't know how many pictures you'll get because I don't know how long this will last. It's never happened before.

Click here, here, here or here to see the yellow stage.









2 comments:

  1. I believe the purple flowers are lupine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought they might be lupines. Thanks for posting@!

    ReplyDelete