Sunday, January 15, 2012

It brings a new meaning to "locally sourced".



We've had turkey's on the outskirts of town for a while. They have mostly been contained on the grounds of the wineries.

Then, about a year ago I started seeing them dead in the roads. Self, I thought - it's only a matter of time before they get into town. They are spreading.

They must have figured out there is dog and cat food to be found in town. Not to mention crazy bird ladies who feed them. (Not that all people who feed birds are crazy. Some however are, and will bring species in that are not helpful to the community.)

So, I guess we get to see how this turns out. Turkeys can get quite aggressive. I've seen videos of other places that had a heard of them, and they will chase you and try to wreck your cars. I only wish they were peacocks. Because that would be funnier.











2 comments:

  1. I worked with a guy who had a flock of peacocks roosting on his roof.

    It was a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've heard they can be really destructive. And loud.

    ReplyDelete