Sunday, January 29, 2012

It's a compilation post.



This week I have been sick with that cold called the seven layers of hell. Mr S. has it last weak, and I was doing really well. Then I caved, and it's all been a blur since then. The waterfalls of snot. I haven't slept through the night once. It's one of those colds where you have to tell your husband, "look, I'm a mess I'm sorry. Don't look at me. I'm hideous." The coughing attacks that make tears start streaming from your eyes, combined with the waterfall snot. Got your mental image yet? Thought so.

Anyway.....

I've been trying to stay away from people. But I still have cabin fever. Yesterday Mr S. and I decided to go out and do some urban exploration.

(He is now sick with the new strain I gave him back.)

We hopped on the freeway, and the car died. 700 bucks later - I have a new battery and alternator. Which is a bit of a pisser since my car is only 5 years old.

Turns out, Chrysler stuck the battery in the back of this car. So it works the alternator harder. Which makes it overheat and die early. I swear, I will never buy another Chrysler product as long as I live. I had to replace the tires on the car at 15 thousand miles. It is basically a laptop on wheels. Disposable. Well, except for the HEMI.

So, we got the car back this morning, and went back to our urban exploring. We were going to hunt out this place in Fremont called the upside down airplane. The people who talked about it, did so quite a few years back - so I wasn't sure it still existed.

Turns out it kinda does. That have taken the airplane apart and are just using one wing.... for something. There is a lot of urban lore with this place. I'm just not that superstitious or paranoid. I did however find it interesting that they are still staffing one man out there to basically babysit these three antennae.



They have a dummy sitting on the spot where the plane used to be. The picture at the top of the post.

They have a wing of the plane sitting on a cammo jeep with an antenna sticking out of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment