Friday, November 20, 2009

Audrey.



Every so often - I drive by my old house. I will always be attached to that house. Not because I loved it - because of the enormous struggles the house holds. I'm starting to think that I'll be attached forever to all my houses. Every one of them has been a struggle.

I tend to drive by that house a little more than I might normally be inclined. The people who own it now bought at the height of the market. I always hope they are okay. I don't know why.

So, I drive by apprehensively to see if there is a fore sale sign in the front. And I feel relief when I see none. They've never changed one single item in the front. It looks exactly like the day we sold it. I'm always perplexed by this. Not one bush. Not one flower. It's all the same.

Anyway, a few blocks from the house was a giant little shop of horrors plant. It must have been left over from Halloween. The house... a crapshack. It would be perfect for taking over. In another time. The neighbors with pristine lawns, and well kept houses. I just found it funny. I mean, they put a lot of effort into the decoration. The house. Not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment