Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Comcast... AGAIN.

I have had to deal with Comcast six times this month, and let me just say... it is pissing me the fuck off. I apparently have nothing better to do than sit on hold with Comcast. Let me just start out by saying I understand outages and equipment failure. Stuff breaks down.

Apparently all the time.

If you have read this blog, you know it is an ongoing issue with us. I don't know what the fuck it is. My husband and I do research. (pre-shopping) We don't buy bottom of the line....

Anyway... I digress.

If hadn't had to deal with them 4 other times this month I would be less close to the road called livid when this morning my net, cable and landline went dead.

Let me just say again... I understand outages.

What pisses me off to no end is that they refuse to tell you when they have an outage, system convert, or whatever. A customer likely will still be pissed off, but they will pissed off and go away. Instead they insist on having you call back on average 2-3 times. Then come up with creative ideas on how to get the support people to just tell you if there is a widespread problem.

I will admit, when my house goes technologically dark, I'm going to be surly. But at least I haven't lost time on hold. Wasted a chunk of time playing guessing games with support, and generally livid in the end they just didn't say there was an outage.

It isn't like we really have a lot of choices, so telling customers they are having a fucking problem wouldn't make that much of a difference.

I know... I know.. I am being overly sensitive. Maybe someone hit a pole down my street. Playing 50 questions is appropriate.

There must be a lot of people in my small town plowing into underground cable lines. I also find it totally unreasonable when they have a failure that all their services fail. Again, not an isolated incident.

In another event earlier this month our HD cable box starts acting up. As you can see here, this also is not an isolated incident. So we take the box in and swap it out.. really thinking nothing of it. Because we have been through - I don't know, close to 4 HD boxes since my entry on 10/9/05. Since we were still getting digital static with the new box I called customer service.

After being on hold 40 minutes or so, the support guy comes on, and I say in a jovial tone "Hi (whatever the support guys name was) you guys have to be having a system wide problem". I was on hold for 40 minutes". To which I get an uncomfortable laugh. He then takes me through the motions of rebooting my box. Finally after about 10 minutes he says " you asked if we were having a system wide problem, last week they switched everyone over to a fully digital signal and lots of people are having problems".

Well.. okay. I am a little surprised this would be our problem, because half of the house is working fine. We set up an appointment for 3 days later because if I have to swap out another box, I am going to freak out.

When they tech comes out, she is about ready to slit her wrists. She confirms that the system switch has made her life completely miserable. Comcast apparently didn't inform any customers of the switch, and anyone with copper coax needed to be restrung. Which apparently half my older house was wired with.

I understand I would have had a tech come out, but it would have been nice to get that handled on the 1st or second calls.

Then... I just have to bitch again about the f-ing HD situation. It has been 10 months since we got HDTV. They still have the same f-ing 20 channels. Roughly half of them still sports content. At least half of the time, what is listed to be on - isn't. It would be super out of this world, if they added one channel every 6 months. That is all I ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment