Wednesday, March 18, 2015

She ran calling wildflowers - close to final.



This years unprecedented wildflower season is absolutely telling us we are all going to die. And I'm not being dramatic. Moisture content in the soil is ZERO. This morning when I left I thought I had until the weekend to squeeze all the joy out of this. By the time I got home I assessed I better make time in my day tomorrow to get the rest of it because in a half day - the tops of the hills have already gone brown. I'm hoping some fog will roll in tonight and give them just a little more time.

I thought I would get to stage three, which is California poppies, but I read this morning that the heat wiped out the bloom in Southern California. By the way things look I don't think we are going to make it to stage three. At this point I don't think we are going to make it. And this is the most dramatic I've gotten about the drought the whole time. I'm seriously freaked at this point. No one knows if it will rain until some time in .......November? I think we are going to have to nuke that heat bubble from space.









No comments:

Post a Comment