Wednesday, June 11, 2014

It's good to know I was over-reacting.

"The government reported that the economy contracted at a 1.0 percent annual rate in the January-March period. But with healthcare spending data now in hand, economists say growth probably declined at a rate of at least 1.7 percent. " Source.

No one could have seen this coming. No one!

You could tell something was up a couple of weeks ago with the retail data. Read.I'm sure it means nothing.

I don't know what to say about housing. This morning I read this article: Borrowers defy logic with mortgage rates, and thought - how are they defying logic? The housing market is softening. I see houses sitting longer, and price cuts getting deeper. Refi's are off 54% YOY. I'm just hoping to get my PMI off before this all goes tits up.

The Fed keeping rates this low for this long is creating stasis that will live for a very long time. Anyone that could possibly be refinanced by now - has. They will stay in these houses longer because it makes financial sense to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment