Saturday, November 28, 2009

Cars. Delayed post.

Today we made it up to the San Fransisco car show. Most of the pictures out of this show will be of the high end Lambos and Aston Martins. I'm a little bored of that. Last weekend, just driving around the Bay Area - I saw a Viper, Aston Martin and a Lamborghini Diablo. Instead, my new favorite thing is flat paint jobs.



When I first starting seeing this trend in the summer of 08' I loved it. Mr S. hated it. Which I honestly can't believe. He'll put lambo doors and anything that moves. Yet a little flat paint turns him off. Seriously.

Previous sightings here and here. It's the first time I've seen them in color. Previously it's been flat black.

Lexus really seems to be embracing the flat back trend.



They had two cars painted that way.



Flat yellow Lamborghini Murciélago.



Not sure I love the flat grey so much.








4 comments:

  1. Hahahah. Yeah - I'd seen that. That mantis thinks it's better than me. What does he think? He's a ballerina or something?

    Seriously though. Very cool shot.

    OT welcomed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flat paint = fugly.

    Keyser's picture: it's the ghost of Jeff come back to haunt you, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? All the way past ugly to fugly?

    Mr S. thinks so too.

    I think it depends on the car. I saw pictures of a jaguar recently with flat black and I thought it was truely fugly. If there is anything past fugly - I thought it was that.

    ReplyDelete