Wednesday, October 04, 2006

A rant about shopping.

Okay.. I am going to start out saying I am not the most patient person, but a couple of things have just been bugging the hell out of me.

The topic today? Supermarket hell. Honesty I think that women are the most inconsiderate supermarket shoppers. They set up some invisible shopping turf, and I just can't stand it. They have to feel everything, and look at everything as if they are trying on a new skirt. They constantly bitch block you, so you can't just grab an item. Then they look at you as if to say "oh sweetie, did you want to get in here? - I'll just be another minute". Fuck!

For some reason today... males helped even out the scoring field.
I was third in line. A woman was in front of me. Who's only purchase was a banana. Then a guy who felt possessed to tell the checker his whole life story. Recounting the area's he has lived since birth. All the while painfully slowly writing a check. This took about three and a half minutes. A few minutes may seem like nothing in the scheme of things, but why is their time more important than mine?

Did I mention the woman in front of me... only wanted a single banana?

This is the thing... supermarkets are always busy. If you aren't being held up, you are holding someone up. So.. I would like to offer some etiquette tips.

1. If you are going to write a check, make half of it out while you are waiting. Not after you get to the checker. You know what f-ing store you are at. Fill it in, and sign it.

2. Don't park your cart in the middle of the f-ing isle. It takes two seconds to put it on one side or the other so people can easily pass. I know you think you are just going to be a second... but you aren't. So f-ing put the cart to the side.

3. If you are going to spend half a day comparison shopping for spaghetti paste, be considerate and let other people grab their items.

4. If you are feeling a little lonely and want to have a long meaningful conversation with the checker. DON'T! Unless you are the only person in line.

And lastly, if you have children. Control them. I don't think I need to hear your kid shrieking all the way on the other side of the store the entire time I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment