Sunday, March 13, 2022

Neighbors are going to brawl.

 
I found myself in my old neighborhood today. I was just sort of driving through and ran across this thing. It immediately caught my eye because it's an ADU that is taller than the original house. And doesn't in any way fit the style of the original house.

That is a six foot fence, and you can see the neighbor to the back has already raised his portion to probably the allowable limit of eight feet.

 
It's so tall, you can basically see right inside of it. I loitered so long the neighbors we were parked in front of came out. And I HAD to ask. First I asked... does that make the neighbors mad? As if I even had to.  They were like yep. They said the neighbor to the left on this picture was super mad. I'm like - is there a petition yet? Cause that neighborhood likes to do that. They were like - yes. And I laughed.

 
But all laughing aside - that is a real dick move. Now the neighbor to the back has a hard time selling his house. Right? And the person with the ADU has made it harder to sell his place, because the style doesn't fit in any way fit with the old house.  People are just crazy and stupid.

But... it's easy to get an ADU up these days. They green light all that shit. So, he did the natural thing and push the limits. And the guy to the back has almost no back yard. You can see the edge of his roofline. Plus, that ADU can be seen above his raised fence line. Such a dick move. ANNNNND - he is probably going to fuck the ADU's up for everyone.



This is why I haven't moved yet. I'm saving up for land. I am not going to get stuck next to one of these tards. I need a buffer. And even when you buy land you have to chess it out knowing that people are going to do the most absurd things on the properties next to you.

In other real estate news - I know of a property( that I think was around 2500 square feet) someone bought, and decided to break it into six sublets. ALL of a sudden you have six new neighbors plus their friends and family. This stuff is going to get hot.

7 comments:

  1. The six new neighbors have cars too I'll bet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily that plot was big enough for the extra parking. But each sublet was around 600 square feet. It will be interesting to see if my town has an appetite for this. I'm guessing no. It's one thing to have a bunch of roommates, but I can't even figure out exactly how this house is split up. The all have separate apartment numbers, but all must have access to the kitchen? (said rhetorically) Oy.

    Back in "the day" I had six roommates, but that is usually something you can only get away with in College towns. I lived in Scotts Creek then. Not in the bougie section of town. So this is an interesting one to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should come visit Lake County. We bought 2.5 acres to farm and a commercial lot to setup a farmers market and a house all without a mortgage. DF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you inviting me up to the farm? LOL. In all seriousness.... I'm glad you made it out of that other thing alive and in a better position. And of course - it is ALWAYs great to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My wife is working on the pharm doing compliance. I’m selling real estate and am starting a micro-incubator for small businesses and yes you are invited to the farm :) df

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing real estate now! That genuinely made me laugh. You're licensed and everything?

    Man... what a long strange trip it's been. Good on you.

    ReplyDelete