Friday, March 04, 2022

More conversations with Mr S.

Last night Mr S. took me out to dinner. While there, he says - I want to talk to you about a post you made a couple of days ago.

I just smile and say okay. I knew which one he was talking about. Even I thought I was a bit hard. 

He begins - I think you are being unfair.

Me - So you think if Russia rolled up we wouldn't just  hand the country over?

Him - I think you are being a bit of a Karen. You are attributing people not wearing masks as people who don't care. They just don't think masks work.

Me - I understand that, but Republicans has become the biggest Karens' lately. We were like a week from dropping mandates and they saw Gavin Newsom without and went crazy. If you don't want people in your business - stay out of theirs. (And I'm not defending Newsom in ANY way) People are hypocrites. That's life.

Then he went on to talk about politicians making rules that they don't follow. Which is fair, but it isn't just with politicians. It's with everyone.

I've been super frustrated with Republicans because I think they have just become everything they claim to hate. But .......it's ALWAYS good to have people around you, who are brave enough to tell you that you are wrong. I still think I'm not, but...it doesn't mean I'm not willing to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment