Thursday, November 17, 2016

Dear Santa. I'd like a lump of this in my stocking.



Screw getting coal in your stocking. I'd like a lump of graphite! And if you knew how much this rock could potentially cost - you'd want that too.

Graphene is the new wonder material which is made from graphite. It's super strong yet lightweight. I'd never seen what it looked like when it came out of the ground. Which is why you are getting this post. They turn this rock (graphite) into graphene below.

I forgot how much they told me the bottles below cost. Because it was so expensive it blew my mind. I think it was somewhere in the 10,000 dollar range. Yet it was shockingly light.

Apparently because of the chemical makeup of graphene they don't grind this rock up to make the powder. They put in in a solution and it separates itself. And that is about all the entertainment I can squeeze out of this topic.

This ends our talk today on graphene.



No comments:

Post a Comment