Tuesday, September 19, 2006

10 Stages of Grief with Alienware

I know... you are probably saying "Wait, there are only 5."

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance.

On the Kubler-Ross scale, I think I am somewhere between stages 2 and 4. Now when it comes to ordering an Alienware machine. There are 10 stages. I apparently am also stuck somewhere between 2-4.

Yesterday they sent me an email saying "buck up Sweetie, we got your payment". Which actually sort of pisses me off. Since it has been 5 weeks. And no... I don't really appreciate your stage 2 rules. Because it doesn't take 5 weeks to verify payment information.

Besides my credit card is the one who is suppose to protect me from fraud. They do a really good job too. My credit card company once disconnected the card just because my husband and I were using it in different towns. I use this card specifically for that reason.

Alienware is just suppose to take my f-ing order. And Oh yeah... Didn't I just get an email on the 6th saying,

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 3:21:10 PM
Your system is now in production. If you have any questions concerning your order status, please do not hesitate to contact us by replying to this e-mail. You may also click on the following link to view your order status online, real-time, 24 hours a day, any day:

Oh yeah! I did.. see it's right there.

They are so close to loosing my order.

Alienware has this goofy system where they make it seem like you are trying to get through levels on a video game. At first it was a little charming.. now it is just irritating.

Phase 1: (Order Confirmation)

Phase 2: (Billing/Finance)Your order has been validated and is waiting payment processing. While in this stage we are confirming any credit card and/or payment information for security purposes. Please understand that this phase is necessary as it will protect you the customer from any fraudulent transactions. We observe very strict security guidelines and hope you will appreciate our efforts. Note: Your method of payment and other factors may influence how quickly we can build your PC.

Phase 3: (Payment Processed)

Phase 4: (Pre-Production)

Phase 5: (Production Phase 1 - Assembly)

Phase 6: (Production Phase 2 - Integration)

Phase 7: (Production Phase 3 – System Testing)

Phase 8: (Production Phase 4 - Quality Control)

Phase 9: (Shipping)

Phase 10: (Order Shipped)

1 comment:

  1. I purchased an Alienware m9750 system for graphic design in college, and phase 1 AND 2 are REDICULOUS. It is the credit card companies responsibility to protect the consumer against fraud and not alienware's f*cking problem. In the future this will discourage consumers from purchasing from them as they just want theit PC BUILT and not have to wait for all this hassle. I have yet to receive the PC since it is in like phase 8 or 7 lol. Awesome gaming systems, terrible steps to get them though. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete