Friday, May 27, 2022

A nation of liars.

It's been long enough now I can blog about this without outing the people in question.

Because of the vax mandate things became a little sketch here at the Snarkolepsy household for a little while. Employers were being forced into enforcing the government mandate. They didn't really want to. But rules are rules. Things became really close at one point.

Once the mandate was lifted I was able to get into a couple of conferences. I only went to one... but sort of a funny thing happened with the other. Said in the most sarcastic way.

This conference was still requiring a vaccine to get in. Which I understand. Their house - their rules. So  I emailed them to say I needed a refund. This is the email they sent back to me.

Hello Mrs Snarkolepsy, 

"Sorry about the delay. Even though there isn’t a requirement for vaccinations in the county or city, we are, as event hosts, requiring proof of vaccination. In lieu of showing us a vax card, you can also sign a statement staying you have had Covid previously, if, of course, you have. That can be done on site."

I have never had COVID. I could have shown them a negative test as I test roughly once a week even though I am not required to do so. I tested the night before I was suppose to attend. And I test whenever I take a risk possibly I shouldn't have. Not only to show that I am NOT the person who got you sick, but to see if YOU got me sick. Because this is what responsible people do!

I literally have no idea why people won't do this. The first time it's scary. Because you might be positive. But after that it. feels like security. Testing is the ONLY way out of this.

I didn't even attend that conf because I didn't think it was worth lying for.

2 comments:

  1. Snarkolepsy is darling. She will not tell even a white lie that everyone wants to hear. Even when the company is telling her to and everyone else in the room knows it is a lie.

    Except, have you had a sero test? Lately? A huge percentage of infections are asymptomatic.

    Either way, I always adore your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Crush)

    I'm no angel. I just think it's stupid that if people are willing to test, but they don't even ask in favor for a lie.

    And... I only found this out because I wanted a refund. So, likely most of the other attendees presume they are going to go to a safe event where people are vaccinated. How fair is that?

    There is still a team out there that believes the vaccinations protect them forever. They are wrong.

    And yes... I have broken everyone into teams.

    I haven't had a sero. Testing should pick up asymptomatics. At least that's what I learned from every single White House positive. Learn from what they do. Not what they say. Those people get tested every day. Or at least several times a week.

    ReplyDelete