Wednesday, December 22, 2021

It seems I made the right choice.

 
I also chose to cancel going. I didn't want to get the vax for this one event. And I'm not anti vax - you could just see in the summer another shot would be needed. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would almost be FOUR shots behind. Yeah I know "we aren't quite there". But Isreal is handing them out, so we are not far behind.

Honestly canceling was less about the virus and more about CES sucking and getting stuck with a hotel room or air BNB, which happened to me last year for an event. Which is why when my family thing happened this summer I had to take the route through Vegas to get there.

I placed a bet that companies would not be able to get their stuff and people into the country. But, being shoulder to shoulder with international people also didn't seem wise. CES is the kind of place that I've had to use my boobs as a battering ram to get through the pile. If you use your hands to push though, you're an asshole. But nobody cares if your boobs touch them. Thats how packed things normally are. And that isn't wise right now.

I would also like to add that CES is why I became so germaphobic. I got tired of getting the flu every single time I went. And I'm not the only one. After CES you would just see everywhere light up with "I've got the flu from CES". Awwww. Good times. Used to be people thought that sucked and you basically had ZERO risk of dying.

The last two years I went to CES I managed to not get the flu because I didn't touch ANYTHING. No escalators. No devices. Nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment