Monday, May 18, 2020

I don't have a title.



My city had one of those "Freedom" protest this weekend.  I figured I would do a drive by to see how many people were grouping together. I am not about being in crowds yet. I can't afford to get sick.

Immediately when I hit town I was like  - Oh- all of a sudden my town is patriotic?! And this is coming from someone who is really on the mild side of patriotism. I don't really know if this is the best place on earth to live. But I do know it's the best place on earth for opportunity. Most people waste the gift given to them. But that really only reinforces my opinion. You can reject every opportunity given to you, and you can still live a pretty great life here. That's the full amount of my patriotism.

But back to my protest. Literally the last protest in this city was for illegal aliens. I was pretty sure this town didn't even like America. So, to see it lit up in flags was pretty interesting and new.

To my surprise, there were a couple hundred people there. Most not wearing masks. Which I really don't understand right now. I am not a Karen. My style is more...... avoidance. I don't really care what you do as long as it doesn't affect me.

Mask compliance is super high right now, so I don't really get why people are fighting about this. No one likes to wear them. Personally I am not a loud girl - so it takes a lot of extra effort to talk loud enough that people can hear me through them. They suck. You can refuse to wear one of you want - but I probably won't shop in your place. Even on the trail this weekend pretty much everyone had one and as we passed each other we slid our masks up.

I understand the virus can't really stick to things outside in nature but it makes us all feel a little less afraid. And most people are complying.



There was some pretty good media covering the protest. Literally the only time they come to this burb is when it's 108 degrees. They don't even come out for murder normally.

I have to say... the mini pony almost made me break my own rules. I almost hopped out. But let's see what happens with you people.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah. I find it fascinating that all of a sudden everyone is anti government. They were perfectly fine with Obama and his staycations. Now that they don't have a cool daddy figure the reality is setting in that the government sucks. This whole thing seems a bit too trendy for my comfort. I'm on the outs with both sides now apparently.

    It hasn't really been America's style for a LONG time to develop a stiff upper lip. Our style is more - I'm gonna go do stupid shit and when they get into trouble scream - WHY DIDN"T YOU STOP ME. You know it's true. So a bunch of people can pound sand.

    Having said that - I am in the full libertarian stage of this issue. This will resolve itself. Let them all out. It will kill off the stupid ones. Problem solved. We are all happy. Right? People never have to deal with the consequences of their actions. So let them.

    That is the America I know. Not this bullshit phoney we hate government shit. Because they all suck the taint of government when it comes to handing out money. My sister in law is making more money on unemployment than when she works.

    Look - if you want to go out- do. But this crap about not being able to count cases or deaths is crazy. On both sides. Really effing crazy. Any over counting dwarfs the cases that were never counted because they didn't have enough tests. For weeks and weeks and weeks. I clearly understand people need to make money, but to have people say... we are willing to risk our lives is a bit of a Potemkin village.

    ReplyDelete