Wednesday, February 25, 2015

There's gold on those hills.



I don't know how much of this kinda thing you are going to get because I don't know how long it will last. It's the first time the wildflowers have been so thick you could see them from town.. This time last year the rain stopped.  And there is a reasonable possibility that we don't  get any rain the rest of the year.

It's a real treat after looking at brown hills for about 10 months. In a normal rainy year the hills never look like this. I didn't even know the hills could look like this. Maybe I'll post these pictures every single day until I burn out or they burn out because right now it makes me happy. Although they are kinda a bitch to get. Mountains have no sense of symmetry. There is a lot of private property out there, and those flowers are challengingly patchy. It's such a good display if you don't have to fit it into a frame.

I think the poppies are next though and I'm pretty excited. If the field wildflowers are like this, I expect the poppies to be bangin. The pictures might be mediocre - I can't control the symmetry of mountains or locations.













2 comments:

  1. Those are amazing! Just out of curiosity, can you see any movement with the wind?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    It's been a really strange weather year. Since there hasn't been much rain, there has been very few windy days.

    It's been so still that probably a month full of days I've woken up to fog. Which is pretty unusual for us. We normally only get that a couple of times a year.

    The days I went out to get these shots there was no wind.

    ReplyDelete