Friday, April 05, 2024

I guess i have something to say today.

I used to love coming here to share all the things I've seen. Now it's hardly worth it at all. With all the "they are coming to take our jobs" people.

I'm just super frustrated with humanity right now.

A couple of months ago I went into a new resteraunt which was using a robot to take food from the back of the house to the front of the house. Yes, this takes one job. A thankless job that does NOTHING to further your career. But people just think - this is the way we've always done so a human should be forced to do this menial suckage job I guess. 

I just don't know what else to say honestly.

1 comment:

  1. You don't really need to pay attention to what other people say about robots & things of that nature altogether, it seems everyone has a different opinion.

    But I can talk a little about robots... I've seen maybe 3... :-)
    I'm not including ATMs or self checkout counters...
    At the Leatherman factory in Oregon they had several robots picking up pieces, doing things with them and then putting them somewhere else. They were in see thru plastic boxes doing their thing. That was fascinating.
    At Walmart I saw the cleaning robot and the other one that was inventorying shelves.
    At the circus (a modern one, no animals, last January) they had a robot dog, it was neat to see!
    FWIW the rest of the circus was really entertaining too!

    My favorite line about robots taking your job... Your pizza is delivered by robot who arrives in a self-driving car.
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete