Monday, June 12, 2023

New rules for the blog.

I've been thinking a lot about what I'm going to do with this blog. It seems the past three years people think they can come here and just insult me, and I have had just about enough of it. Why would I have the desire to share with people who do this? I think this is their plan really. Just to bully people and shut them down because they say unpopular things.

If people can not be disagreeable without being insulting - I am going to start putting people in a penalty box. Over the years I've had people disagree with me vigorously, but they were always respectful. It seems this is no longer the case.

For the first offense I'm going to block people for 30 days. And if you think I can't block people on blogger - I assure you I can. I have just rarely done so because I believe in free speech. However - free speech does not equal not having an opposing opinion and just being a troll.

Three penalty boxes and I will just ban you flat out. This is not cancel culture because the choice is yours.

8 comments:

  1. Something new to me... when you block someone does that mean they can't see your blog at all or just can't say anything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's because it's not in the blogger settings. You have to copy a bit of code

    It just blocks them from commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Capital of Texas RefugeeWednesday, June 14, 2023 10:10:00 PM

    Blogger already put me in the penalty box, can't post anything but a single sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really unfortunate. I'm trying to figure out why that might be. Other people leave long comments.

    I was going to move this site over to Wordpress and invite everyone over under my new domain. Now there are people who I wish would loose my number. So...

    My mailbox is always open to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's just the age of rage. Everyone is so angry all the time now. Seems by design. I disagree with you on a few things, but I've never understood why people think personal insults help win an argument? Keep the blog going and ignore the crazies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about the rage, I wonder why?
      I'd suggest it was a new thing with the modern technology, social media and 24/7 with a phone in your hand but is this amount of rage really a new thing?
      I don't know enough about history to say it isn't....
      I do agree with ignoring the crazies...

      Delete
  6. Anon - I would feel uncomfortable if everyone agreed with me. I only ask that people be respectful when they disagree and remember there is a REAL human on the other side the screen.

    The pandemic has been hard on EVERYONE. But especially those who have been piled on for saying unpopular things. Which turned out to be true.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just letting you know, I'm still here even though I'm quiet.

    ReplyDelete