Tuesday, July 07, 2020

Conversations with Mr S.

I have no life now, so I'm Spring cleaning like everyone else on the planet.

Me to Mr S. - I'm really embarrassed to show you this. But for some reason I still have a picture of that stripper my mom got me for my 21st birthday. You can see how badly I got shafted. He's the ugliest stripper ever! Then I hand over the picture and he starts laughing.

Him - It's what I'd expect from a local stripper.

Me - REALLY! He doesn't have muscles or anything!

Him - First of all - I don't know anyone who got strippers for their 21st birthday. I didn't get strippers for my birthday.

Me - Now that you mention it.... that is sort of weird. I guess I'd never thought of it that way before. I just act like everyone got them.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I never got a birthday stripper either!
    ... During my last stint in Corporateland, I toyed with the idea of celebrating the day my stock options vested by hiring an exotic dancer to show up in a barely-decent costume and follow me around with a large fan.
    Alas, by the time the day arrived, the company was under humorless management, besides which the local facility had been closed down and everyone laid off. That, and my stock options were well underwater, so there wasn't much to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had to deal with golden handcuffs in a couple of years and it's pretty liberating. Don't get me wrong - they rock, but not having to deal with the girations right now is a relief I can't even express.

    Mr S. thinks I glossed over the weirdest part. My mom got the stripper. And I don't even remember now why that occurred. By 21 I'd gotten pretty much all of my drinking and partying out of the way. We started early in my family. I quickly had to become responsible at that point.

    I can't even remember how many times I've told that story and he was the first person to say - yeah.... that's not really a thing. My life has been pretty unbelievable (even to me) that it's nice sometimes when you run across the receipts to back up some of those really bizarre stories.

    ReplyDelete