Saturday, July 01, 2017

Contractors take up a lot of space in my head.

So - I'm going to talk about them a lot in the next few weeks.

They have to run a delicate balance of doing that I want them to do, but not saying yes to everything I come up with. You don't want those guys. For example - "You want stairs on the ceiling." Okay.

You get the idea.

Last night I told Mr S. - I always seem to chose the contractors who tell me no. Can I have this? No. How about this? No. Finally by the fifth time you get a yes and it feels like victory.

Him - he's negging you.

I laugh and think about it for a second and gasp. You don't think I'm responding to being negged do you? I don't think I am, but now I'm going to have to watch myself to see if I am. Sometimes you just emotionally react to something and you don't realize you are doing it.

Do you think I'm responding to being negged?

Him - I didn't think so but now I'm going to have to watch you.

No comments:

Post a Comment