Monday, August 05, 2013

Welcome to the hotel Jailafornia. Such a lovely place.

"The Fremont Detention Center (Jail) offers a Pay-to-stay program for qualified men and women who have been sentenced to serve time in jail. With the approval of the sentencing Magistrate, men and women can now serve their jail sentence in our modern, clean and efficiently operated jail facility, which is an alternative to serving time in the Alameda County Jail.

Individuals wishing to participate must undergo a pre-screening for suitability in order to determine that they meet the conditions of the program. Once accepted, participants must serve their sentence consecutively and will be imposed a daily fee of $155. Additionally, a one-time processing fee of $45 and a negative Tuberculosis (TB) test will be required on or before the first"
Here.

It's the first time I've ever seen something like this. So I had to share it. I don't have personal experience - but hell, it's nice to know if I flip a nut one day I can get some roll down service. It's an interesting mix of worlds. Normally when you pay for something you expect better service. But you're in jail, so they get to treat you however they want to. Maybe they beat you less? I don't know, but I think the whole thing is funny. And enterprising. I mean, the world is going to shit so it's nice to know the government actually has some way to defray the costs of housing your dumb ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment