Thursday, October 20, 2011

Dear Banks.....

It is none of your business what I do with my effing money. Quit asking me.

In the past month I have had two really intrusive experiences with banks. Since I got one of those famous letters from my bank I wound up in a branch today. She pulls up my account and immediately asks what I'm going to do with the money. Are you going to invest it, or take a vacation - she asks.

This was surprising since I don't have that much money in there. Bill paying money.

I was already raw about having this experience a month ago when I was trying to take money out of another bank. Your reluctance to answer only made them probe harder.

Mr S. got kinda shitty with the representative. I was listening to him on the phone when he popped up with - yes, I do mind you asking. I mean, that is how hard they were probing. It really pissed both of us off. I don't need to tell you why I am taking money out of my account. It wasn't even that much money. Which is why it was so odd.

My thought was - when did they start grilling you to take money out of your account?

So today when the representative asked the same question my mouth dropped, and I was trying to gauge my response. Because I really felt the same way. It's my money - I don't need to give you a reason for anything. I wasn't even taking money out. Yet I'm polite, so I'm not going to say it's none of your fucking business. This woman stopped just shy of that. She probably tried eight ways to get me to tell her what I was going to do with it.

It isn't that they ask. Banks are built to get more business. It's just that if you don't want to answer they double down and probe harder. That is irritating.

3 comments:

  1. That would piss me the hell off!!!

    I'm kinda dreading the moment I tell my bank to eff off and give me ALL my money so I can put it in a credit union. Will I tell them when they ask? Hell yeah. Is it any of their business? Hell no. Maybe I'll tell them I'm going to bury it in my backyard instead -- just to watch them try another useless sales pitch with me, heh.

    Bastards.

    WV: strain. No kidding!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah WV. I'm starting to think captcha gets my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Way more patience than me. I woulda been "Nunya" + profanity after the second time she asked.

    ReplyDelete