Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tea Party - San Jose.

Yeah - I'm crazy enough to have taken in two Tea Party protests today. Honestly, I could have probably spent all day going to them. There was one in Fremont. They were all over the Bay Area.

San Jose was definitely more interesting. It was pretty big, and there were tons and tons of signs. I actually had to move my dinner reservation later because there were so many people and signs.









I don't get it either.



Oddly, International Answer was there. But, they weren't mixing with the rest of the protesters. They were on the other side of the street, sort of in a small group. They weren't even mixing with the anti tea party protesters.



This guy was just really funny. I think he was there on the wrong day. The Sharks game is tomorrow. But, everyone who saw him liked his originality.







Here are the anti tea party protesters. Which I'm not sure what the agenda was. They had one code pink chick. I think they were pro immigration. Hell, I don't know. I'm always confused when middle class white kids with hello kitty backpacks protest immigration issues.





They were on my radar almost right away. They were using a bucket as a drum. They actually barged into the other protesters right in front of me. Where I immediately took up a spot. Because they started getting all lippy.



I grew bored of them. Made one circle around the park, and when I got back to their spot - they'd moved the riot police in.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, who knew people were so pissed about high taxes? - Oh right... everyone that is taxed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently it comes to a shock to 60% of people. At least - that is the number I hear about those who are fine with their taxes. Just fine.Because.. "we are all in this together." Except when most of these people at the tea parties go to collect their social security. Oh, then we won't all be in it together.

    Looking back at the pictures it stands out to me that at least 50% of the people in the crowds were in the 60 year old range. Probably those who might be close to paying off their own houses, and now have to pay higher taxes because other people didn't.

    It's funny, I don't know a single person under 40 who thinks social security will be there for us - yet they think the government is going to fix all this stuff.

    ReplyDelete