Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Does television influence the way you dream?

I'm not the kind of person who really likes to dream. I wake up feeling completely not rested. Like my brain hasn't shut completely down - and as an insomniac... I really need a good nights rest that doesn't include dreaming.

So - a couple of days ago I had a big giant nightmare. Which is fairly uncommon for me. Although I'm pretty surprised. The stuff I've seen, you'd think I would have more nightmares - but I don't.

Anyway, I remember the nightmare being in vivid color. I've dreamed in color before - but this was different. After thinking about it for a while, I started thinking that maybe the high definition world is creeping into my dreams. With TV's, photo images and high resolution monitors - the world seems a little more vivid. Perhaps this is what made the color in my dream really stand out.

So - after a while I decided to talk to my husband about the whole high definition dream thing. Because if true, its minorly funny.

He told me he has these dreams that has theme songs in his dreams. Background music, and directorial camera shots. Zoom, pan. Those types of things.

It just made me wonder if other people have odd things like this in their dreams which, clearly are influenced from watching television.

No comments:

Post a Comment