Friday, November 17, 2017

Still meh.



A couple of days ago I was going to make a post saying I was tired of rolling up to robotic conferences only to find cameras and robotic arms. I almost never find fully formed robots now. It's stupid.

Then on the last day I rolled up to a show that had some actual bots. Pepper is probably the most advanced, but really I haven't seen anything new out of it in at least a year. It seems with the computing power we have these days you could have a fully formed conversation with it. Just put an Alexa in there. Problem solved.



They are still showing off these toy robots.... for like the last 10 years. The one with the arrow seemed to be acting like it was trying to get out of a field sobriety test. For some reason it was just slightly rocking back and forth. But maybe he was just afraid that is he didn't perform well he'd wind up in the heap.





Pepper is a good robot though. I just can't believe they haven't really made any recognizable speech improvements.

1 comment:

  1. Capital of Texas RefugeeFriday, November 17, 2017 7:17:00 PM

    "Pepper, are you a Dalek?"

    "I AM A PEPPER I DO NOT UNDERSTAND YOUR CONFUSION EXPLAIN EXPLAIN EXPLAIN."

    Oh crap.

    ReplyDelete