Thursday, October 19, 2017

I don't think this guy grew up poor - he grew up commie.

A California city is launching the first US experiment in basic income — and residents will get $6,000 a year.

And so did I, but I grew out of it.

There is already a universal basic income. It's called welfare. Of which I know a lot about. My grandmother was on welfare her whole life. My mom and aunt spent a limited amount of time on it. But my Aunt lives in Government housing right now.

I always sort of hate talking about my Aunt and Uncle because they are the sweetest people in the world. They are not purposely trying to take advantage of the system. It's just when you are in the welfare "ecosystem", and the government takes care of you..... sometimes you don't get a proper education. Everyone in my family were drop outs. I just went back and got a Good enough Diploma as Chris Rock used to say.

My Aunt however is basically at a 7th grade level education. And since the government takes care of you, there is no reason to get a better education. And the longer you stay in the system - the more entrenched that becomes until you basically can't escape even if you wanted to. The safety net keeps you stuck in time. Her retirement plan is the lotto. Of which she has already won twice. Not big lotto, but enough to put a down payment on a house or something. They basically blew it on stuff they couldn't even use, including more lotto scratchers.

This week I learned from my Aunt that they are claiming bankruptcy for at least the 4th time. I was a little shocked because I didn't realize that was a life choice. I thought those were accidental occurrences. All I've ever known from my Aunt and Uncle is they buy stuff and then they claim bankruptcy. But, this is not really the most interesting information I got from her this week and I'm not sure how to really feel about it.

My Aunt and Uncle are getting older now, and we don't live in the same State - so they are going to need some assistance. No big deal. But when she told me the kind of benefits she was getting from the government - my mouth almost dropped. The government is sending someone out to help her take care of herself. No big problem. They are also sending someone out to cook and clean for them. Which is kinda where I have the problem. They are perfectly capable of doing this themselves. They are not bed bound. I don't even have someone clean MY house! To sound like the evil witch of the West, they are sort of pampered for being poor. But let me be clear, they will never not be poor.

They are moving up a couple of floors in their government housing building, and the building is helping them move everything. No cost to them. I don't think people really understand how well taken care of poor people are by the government. They don't live the rich life, but they have cell phones and tablets and all the stuff that most people have.

It's always been sort of a hard situation because I could have rescued them from bankruptcy 4 times, and they would be up there for a 5th time. They just don't really understand how money works because they have never needed to. I mean, they spent the middle years working real jobs, but they always knew welfare was there so they never really strived that hard.

So, I think if this guy rally grew up poor he would see how welfare doesn't really help people. It only traps them into always being in the welfare system. The longer you are out of the workforce, the less employable you are. It's just the bottom line. I might not have been born if it weren't for the welfare system because my mom was a teen mom. Like 14.

I don't really see how just calling it a "universal basic income" changes the fact, that it's welfare. But look at Stockton for having the welfare mindset. (said in the most sarcastic way) Remember, they claimed bankruptcy and now they are doing this shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment