Sunday, July 23, 2017

Last of the ghost lots. ( I think )



It's been hot and I've been bored. So I got that last ghost lot I knew about today. I was pretty confused about this lot because it had a little of everything. New Acuras and Mini's.

It had some Lexus's that had actual license plates on. So I wasn't completely sure this was an overfill lot at first.



There is a truck back there and a Chevy Camero.





Oh, and I can't forget the Audi's. It has so many different car breeds it has to be communal storage.



Then I noticed they were storing some cars on this Storage lot on the same block.



At first nothing sinister there.



But if you zoom in you can see there are new cars on this lot.



And the mystery of the cars with license plates is explained. They are probably certified used cars. Cars with that stripe on the top of the front window are certified used. And while there are not that many. Why would they use a public storage place to store used cars?





The sign above says Acura Stop Sale. Yet some cars in that lot also still have the plastic protective coating that comes from the factory.



4 comments:

  1. The communal nature of the vehicles might be explained by a business group that owns multiple dealerships. First post of yours I have read ( here from http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/ ), so I haven't figured out where you are, but here in the San Jose area, there is a very large one that owns at least one of each (DGDG -something-something Dealer Group).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. That's an interesting comment. It's something I hadn't thought of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is an unused 3000 foot portion of the runway at Camarillo airport that has hundreds and hundreds of cars lined up on it. There are 35 acres of cars there, providing about $170K income to the airport in monthly storage fees. They are primarily Kias and Hyundais, although BMW has used that space in the past. Picture here (not sure if I can put a link here)

    http://media.jrn.com/images/V0009469051--42538.JPG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - that's intense. That is a lot of money. They are literally paying to store something that is going to be worth less by the end of the year. A new car is only new for a year.

    Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete