Thursday, April 20, 2017

WTF?


Source. NOTE - I took this post down to check my data, because clearly the date on the above image is like 10 months old. And I hate it when people give you old data.

Turns out - it's even worse than that. Latest available numbers from April 18 2017 for California is $2,818,578,004.47" Here. Ohio is paid off now.
--
Jerry Brown was bragging about what an awesome chrony capitalist he is. Here.

"Gov. Jerry Brown on Wednesday dismissed as “preposterous” suggestions that he broke the law by providing district-specific projects to lawmakers to win their support for his $52 billion road repair package with tax and fee increases.

“When somebody says, ‘Here is $10,000, I want your vote,’ you got bribery. It’s illegal,” Brown told reporters in Sacramento. “When someone says, ‘You know, I think this bill would be better if you included these projects or these ideas or these rules,’ we listen, because that’s democracy and that’s openness and that is a compromise spirit that makes democracies work.”


It's pretty much an open secret that he's trying to plug the BART budget by raising those taxes. So I decided to go over and see how much we still owed on the unemployment trust fund. Because I'm a curious person. And I'm not a math genius or anything, but is that almost 3 billion dollars?!? Which is fascinating because in 2015 we only owed about 11 million. Here.

Throughout the whole recession we only owed under 10 million a year. I don't know what happened last year, but wow - that is an insane jump. In 2014 we only owed about 6 million.

No comments:

Post a Comment