Wednesday, April 05, 2017

This is kinda interesting.

A new self-driving car startup just spun out of Udacity to challenge Uber with its own autonomous taxi service.

Me - Mr S. what do you think of this? I hand him my phone.

Him - He's already got permission to do this?

Me - well, why do you think he has permission rather than just doing it and asking for forgiveness later?

Him - Because investors would never give him money because he could get sued to death.

Me - riiiight. What's ROS?

Him - I don't know.

(me furiously googling)

Me - It's  Robotic Operating System.  Why would they being using that for cars?

Him - Well, cars are robots. They've finally found a way to use all that robot stuff for a real purpose.

I really don't know anything about them other than I already followed one of the guys on twitter. I'm not even sure why, but it will be interesting to see what they come up with. Mr S. is right though, it's pretty interesting that's he's already gained(in all probability) permission to go live.

No comments:

Post a Comment