Wednesday, September 07, 2016

There to distract.

People who read this blog (I think) know that I go to a significant amount of conferences. Over the past year I've seen a bunch of celebs popping up at them which I think is really weird and not normal. Presumably they have to pay these people.

I was at a conference a few months ago where Ashton Kucher showed up. And while that is fun and all.........it totally creeps me out. Either you have a buzz worthy product - or you don't.

After seeing Sia show up at the Apple conference today - it dawned on me. These celebs are there to distract you from the fact that they've got nothin'.  As I said - presumably they need to pay these people. When all else fails I guess - hire a celebrity to distract everyone. Which is a horrible way to run a company.

I guess I'm old school where your money went into R&D. Not R&B. Rhythm and blues. Now that I mention it - does anyone do R&D anymore? It looks to me like most of the Valley is buying their way into new ideas. And that works for a while I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment