Sunday, July 17, 2016

She's a bandaid.



So I didn't make it all the way to Palmdale. My breeder decided to meet me in Lancaster. Which I was pretty excited about because I was having a hard time trying to figure Palmdale out. Every single time I searched for a burger joint I got pictures of burritos. And not even authentic Mexican. TExmex. What is that about? I don't understand a city that doesn't have at least one amazing burger place that does only burgers. I'd decided on a restaurant in Lancaster, but after I actually got my hands on the baby I completely forgot about getting food there. Which I honestly regret. I don't really like to pop in and out of towns without eating there and looking around. It's fun checking out new cities. And it was too hot to explore. Bunnies don't take near 100 degree heat well, and babies especially have a hard time. Chances are I might get back down that way in Octoberish though.

It turns out my new breeder didn't really want to get rid of this girl like we suspected. I think she relented to finally shut Mr S. up. The only reason she did was because this girl was too big.  Thankfully she was not defective in some way. She wanted her enough that she still wanted to breed her and would love to have her babies. So I guess eventually I might be doing that. Since she really didn't want to give her up it was a relief to her that we were long time bunny owners. Not newbies. We met on the net so she only knew we were slightly annoying. Good breeders care about where their animals end up. Especially ARBA breeders.

When they are these size they are pretty cute, but most people get tired of them through the terrible twos, and threes, and fours. So they wind up in pounds.  I think she was super happy to know that would never happen to this girl. She's already a kisser. ON DAY 1.



No comments:

Post a Comment