Wednesday, April 13, 2016

I never in my wildest dreams thought I would see this.

Oakland rents jumps again in April, now equal with Boston.

Oakland, yes, that Oakland - is now tied with Boston as the third most expensive rents in the nation. BOSTON, people!

I knew something was up the last time I went to my favorite chicken and waffle house, and it was all gentrified. You barely even get scared to go into that city now. I used to call it murder mecca and mostly the only time I'd go up there is when I got called to jury duty. But what a difference a decade makes I guess.

Now that I think about it - They stuck an Ikea in East Palo Alto, and changed the whole city for the better.

Oakland, well Emeryville which is on the border, stuck in an Ikea and now Oakland is crazy expensive. Coincidence.......? I mean, Emeryville is barely a city. Like 11,000 people live there.

Now I'm going to pay attention to this Ikea halo effect. The city next to me is going to put in an Ikea. I was bummed the traffic was going to be hell, but Ikea's seem to make real estate go up. I guess. We will see.


No comments:

Post a Comment