Saturday, January 09, 2016

It's no wonder I have crushing ADD.



The plan this morning was to simply pick my car (which has been in the shop for almost three weeks) and then start unpacking my photos from CES. You may remember a few weeks ago I told you I took my car in for a tune up and they discovered mice had decided to make a nest in my motor and eat some of my wires. While I didn't think it was impossible I had mice, I didn't think I did because I don't keep food in there and I sweep up all the time. I hadn't seen any droppings. But the neighbors have outside dogs and cats and they feed anything that has legs. I generally think there are mice everywhere.

So.... we come to bring the car into the garage and I see one of the many traps we set was tripped. The mechanic said I was lucky they got the only hit the fuel injector wire cluster. He pointed to some other wire cluster and made it seem tons more expensive. I don't really want to poison them, not because I'm against chemicals - I'd napalm them if I could, I just don't want them to go off and die in some weird place and start smelling. Instead we decided to take this war high tech. Apparently you can taser mice! I think we have every kind of trap in the garage now except chemicals. Electrocution, sticky traps, pheromone, big traps, small traps, shark traps, mice hotels. Seriously I have like 20 traps in the garage now. And we figured out that mice do not like nutella at all. Which is kinda the way I feel about it too. I was hoping they would like it so I wouldn't feel guilty throwing it out. They'd eaten the peanut butter from a couple of the other traps.

This time the shop did the repair for free because I just bought the car a few months ago, but they are not going to do that again for sure. If I have to catch every single mouse in the neighborhood - that's what I'm going to have to do.

Oh! And then I heard the Silicon Valley Auto show was going to have a bad ass car. I wasn't planning to do that show this year because it really never has anything interesting, but I had to go and see it. Pictures to follow. CES shots are still coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment