Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Untitled.

Today, one of the guys I talk to wanted to tell me how shitty the world was. Previously he'd been all rainbows and kitty cats and on more than one occasion let me know I was the negative one. We got through our greetings and he literally said the world sucks. Being me - I actually laughed. Oh you think it does, I reply? Condescending wonka style. In my head, I'm like - you're a little fucking late to the party. He goes on to tell me that every country we touch turns to shit.

Now, it's the fourth inning of this game and I'm bitter. Flat out. So my reply basically is to tell him that these were the choices people made. The public needs to decide what it wants to do. (We tried to warn you people) I didn't say that part.

This is what really fascinates me about the conversation though. He goes on to tell me a story from Syria I believe. Where a hostages mother had been brought to pick up the guy. I wasn't listening that closely because I was trying to absorb what was happening right then.  This guy is admittedly anti war, so why was he paying attention to this at all? He goes on to say that the hostage takers offered to feed her before she picked him up, and it turned out that they served her - him.

He goes on to say he didn't know if it was true. He can't believe any of the media since that situation with Brian Williams. (eye roll mine)

I thought he'd clearly been trying to avoid any negative news about the world. It's just the way a lot of Californians are. They don't really want a beheading ruining their day. It's too negative.

I see many of fucked up stuff out of there, but I haven't heard that. It wouldn't surprise me a bit. I did tell him I saw the terrorists eating people's hearts like a year ago. So it could be true. Nothing from there would surprise me. If I believed in hell, surely it must be a better place. There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not stunned that the world is so silent at the inhumanity.

The Syrian feeds mostly just spit out children images now. They don't even show the other stuff, because hell if you can let this happen to children why bother?

No comments:

Post a Comment